Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
unclerichard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:18:33 +1300
My family has a collection of old records, mostly 45s and LPs but a few old
shellacs.
I would like to archive these on to CDs.
I have a PIII/500 with 21G HD and 256 Ram. I have a good stero system with a
turntable and would be able to take a feed from the earphones o/p - 8ohms.
What I am looking for is suitable software. There are a number of programs
and I'm a little confused as to which would suit my purpose. Right now I'm
tending towards Adaptec Direct CD/4 mainly because it also offers the
archiving of photos.
While naturally I would like to be able to 'clean' these old recordings the
overriding desire is to have them in a more stable and accessible form.
What I would be grateful to know is:
1. The various programs available
and
2. Your personal experiences - the good and bad - of them.
If your replies are on the long side (and may clog up the list) feel free to
send them privately.
Many thanks,
Richard Innes
Auckland New Zealand