Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doctor Data <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:05:15 -0500
Hi,
If you run msconfig and go into the startup tab, you'll probably see all
these programs loading up which you probably never use.  I would uncheck all
of them except for systray and anything that you think you might need on
startup.  Also check the root of your c: drive to make sure you don't have
any data files there and make sure your c:\windows\temp folder is empty.
Regards,
Bill Ades
Doctor Data Technology Solutions, inc.
New York, NY

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Bogert" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 6:35 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Resource problem

> Hello Techies: Lately I've been experiencing severe slow-down problems on
my machine. If I double click any program on my desktop, it takes over 30 to
45 seconds before anything at all happens, not including additional loading
time for the selection. I have installed  a "MEMTURBO II" program to monitor
my cpu and memory usage at any given time and, it shows me some very
surprising things. First of all, my cpu (1.10ghz celeron) usage never goes
below 67% and, very frequently goes up to the full 100% which in
turn(accordingto the memturbo graph) shows that my usable free memory drops
to about 1mb for awhile and then, everything returns to normal, I think
(about 300mb of 512mb installed). All of the above symtoms were occurring
while the machine was idle, that is, I was not doing anything at these
times, just sitting there looking at it. I went to Windows system page and
found that the performance percentage for most of the time remains at around
55%. I've been told by other people that something is eating at my resources
and overloading my cpu but, I don't have the knowledge to know how to find
out what is doing this.  Is there a procedure that is available that can be
used to find out what is gobbling up my resources? It sure would help this
dummy.
WIN98SE
Here's what I've got: MSI 5309 mobo ver. 5.0--1.10ghz celeron---512mb
sdram--ATI Radeon 7000 video card,--SB pci 16 sound card. Running on DSL.
The usual amount of home user programs. Nothing fancy or exotic.
Incidentally, I routinely clean out my internet files and cookies and defrag
about once a month. Can anybody out there come up with any answers?  Thanks
Ed Bogert

>              Do you want to signoff PCSOFT or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com