Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Christopher Zguris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:29:35 -0400
At 06:29 AM 6/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/13/99 12:04:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><<
> Here is what I have listed in the Win98 system's Network Configuration tab:
> Client for Microsoft Networks
> Dial-Up Adapter
> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
> IPX/SPX-compatible protocol -> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
> NetBEUI -> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter
> TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter
> TCP/IP -> D-Link DE-528 Ethernet PCI Adapter (IP 192.168.0.1)
> File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks
> (NetBEUI is set as the default protocol)
>
> Primary Network Logon is Windows Logon
[snip]

Why have IPX _and_ TCP? I thought only _one_ protocol was needed (on my
network, I've used either/or, on a clients' network, they had both, and the
network didn't work). I ended up w/TCP/IP in order to use pcANYWHERE, but I
don't believe you need both.

What is  NetBEUI being used for? AFAIK - I don't have it running on my
network of 3 machines (1 Win 95 desktop, 1 Win 98 desktop, 1 Win 98
notebook). Looking at my network properties (control panel, network),
selecting TCP/IP, clicking Properties, the selecting the Bindings tab, I've
got Client for Microsoft Networks and File & Printer Sharing checked.

I've also it a good idea to shut down  _all_ the machines on the network
after network settings, _then_ turn them on to reboot and initialize with
the new settings.

Christopher Zguris

[log in to unmask] / http://www.christopherzguris.com

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: