Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:47:17 +0200
From: "Joe Pearson" <[log in to unmask]>

> I have a couple of (older) game programs that refuse to start if the
screen
> is not in 256 colour mode - if it's 16 or 24 bit. I suppose this is
> something to do with needing to use palettes which I don't think are used
in
> modes higher than 256 colour. Now, it's a pain to have to change the
screen
> mode every time I (or my daughter) wants to play, and it's a pain using
> other programs in 256 colour when one of them is just minimised.
>
> Does anyone know a way you can fool a program into thinking the system is
in
> 256 colour mode? And still to display its graphics correctly? These are
both
> windows programs. I have Win95 B.

Yes problem is that old games use palettes.  Even if you can fool it you
cant
get correct colors on screen.  But it is possible to make screen mode
changing easy.

In MS Powertoys is small tool QuickRes. It installs small icon to tray. When
you click it
you can selet from menu screen resulution and color depth.
You can download Powertoys from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wutoys/w95pwrtoysset/d
efault.asp?site=95

Additionally you may want use QRes    http://www.berend.com/qres.html
QRes  <quote>
     adds a front end to QuickRes so that you can automatically switch color
mode
    or screen resolution when you start a Windows application. For instance,
when
    you start a game that uses 640 x 480 pixels screen area and requires 256
color
    mode, you can make QRes automatically switch to this screen mode as long
as
    you run the game and switch back to your regular screen mode when the
game
    is over.
 </quote>

Toomas