Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:15:18 -0400
Hi Paul,

To avoid misunderstanding on this subject, your method involves just copying data off a CD
 and burning it to another CD
It will not work for music CDs or DVD movies or, in this case, copying an OS installation-  or Restore-  CD/DVD.
Especially for the latter category, you'll need a bootable CD/DVD which cannot be achieved by just copying.
You have to create a bootable ISO first and then burn it as a bootable CD or DVD as the case may be.

In my previous post I presented the simplest solution by using the  ISO plug-in (from Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder)
for Win7 's CD/DVD native burning utility.
A nice alternative is ImgBurn  http://www.imgburn.com/   (free) or
DeepBurner  http://www.deepburner.com/?r=products&pr=deepburner   (free version available)

IOW, you don't need large programs from Roxio or Nero etc. ,  to accomplish this task.
You just have to make sure you use the proper method for bootable discs.

Peter E.

From: Paul%20A.%20Shippert
Sent: Monday, 21 June, 2010 4:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Copying a CD

Greetings--

While I have had 'bad results' using the built-in Windows CD burning capability (mostly with CDR-W disks), it does work.  If you set your source disk and your destination disk as "the same drive", barring any in-place "copy blockers" (on the source CD), or other "undesirables" running, you should receive a prompt to 'insert the destination disk <in the [designated device]>, at which point you would swap the 'source disk' for the 'destination disk', and vice versa, as the prompts direct. As I implied, this doesn't work perfectly, every time, but it is functional.  As other posters have indicated, Nero, Roxio, and other "third party" solutions are usually preferable for this sort of task.  Just, in all cases, make sure that you have some sort of record of the path(s)--source and destination.  There may be some work to do with respect to access and permissions after restoring the files, but, [Diane, ... maybe others] I'm sure you already know that.

HTH.,
Sincerely,
Paul A. Shippert

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: