Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:22:25 -0500
I tried this last night on Word, and I found a way that works.  It involves
two documents.
Doc 1 has a narrow single column page layout, so only half the landscape
paper size is used.  After you have your document written in doc 1, one
logical brochure page per sheet of paper, you need to copy each page one at
a time, and paste it into doc 2, using Edit, Paste Special, Document Object.
This places the logical brochure page as a graphic object, which you can
position anywhere on the landscape layout.  You can put two side by side,
and they can be any logical page you copied from doc 1.  You can do double
sided printing, put 1 on the left, and 10 on the right, and the next 'page'
in doc 2 would have 9 on the left and 2 on the right.

If you go back and edit doc 1, the objects in doc 2 will be updated.  Save
frequently.  The only thing I couldn't fix was the header and footer.  I
couldn't get the page numbering to work automatically, I couldn't figure out
how to put equations into Word headers like you can in Excel.  If I were to
do this, (and now that I know I will someday) I would manually assign page
numbers into the footers.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen D Montgomery [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 5:34 PM

I want to produce a pamplet, which will consist of multiple 8 !/2 x 11 inch
sheets of paper, folded in half, and stapled together.

I normally use Microsoft Works.  I could borrow a computer with MS Word, but
I'm not sure even that will do what I want.

Word can print in landscape mode, and organize the material into two
columns.  The problem is that, for a ten page document, I need pages 1 and
10 printed on the same sheet, with page 10 appearing on the left, followed
by 2 and 9, with 2 appearing on the left, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Word does anything quite that
fancy.  Any suggestions?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml