Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 04:45:03 -0400
-----Original Message-----

Date:    Tue, 2 Oct 2007 20:42:00 +1000
From:    Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: All my media players keep going on and off

Hulda wrote:
>"IE, or Firefox or Opera depending on what I am using, is trying to=
>  communicate with C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe">>

It's a common misconception that this file belongs uniquely to Ms Office.
Although it's part of the Office installation, it has other functions and
does not get removed when you uninstall Office. I've never had Office not
any part of it installed on this computer, yet Ctmon.exe is in my Windows
folder. I'm pretty sue it's actually part of XP.

It's removal may, but probably won't, impact on other programs. It might be
a protected system file, in which case you may not be able to rename or
remove it easily. Try renaming it (which will effectively disable it). Run
MsConfig or any good startup manager, and make sure it's not set to run at
startup.  Make sure also that no part of Office is set to run. Reboot and
see what happens.

You might find some help here:
http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=9&TID=63

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599

Whether it is the actual cause of your problems or not remains to be seen
by trial and error.

Possibly it's simply that your satellite system does not download data
quickly enough to keep pace with streaming video, especially if it is
high-quality video. Hi-Definition video, for example, is still beyond what
most internet pipelines are capable of. It's coming, but probably only to
those lucky enough to have fibre-optic cable direct to the house.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

------------------------------

If you do not have a MS Office product installed it is probably the
"Alternative User Input Text Input Processor" as described in the MS
Knowledgebase (282599).

To quote:

"What Does the Ctfmon.exe File Do?
Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service
support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard,
translation, and other alternative user input technologies."

For removal:
"Step 2: Remove Alternative User Input Services from Text Services
1.	Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2.	In the Control Panel, double-click Text Services.NOTE: In Windows XP,
click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional
and Language Options. On the Languages tab, click Details.

3.	Under Installed Services, select each input item that is listed, and then
click Remove to remove the item. All items must be removed, one by one,
except the following input service:
English (United States)- default Keyboard United States 101"

If the only service listed is for the keyboard, then I wouldn't worry too
much AND do not remove!

HTH

Chris Ryan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: