Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:13:26 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/02 [log in to unmask] writes:

> Hello Ian,
>
> Wednesday, May 15, 2002, 8:04:17 AM, you wrote:
>
> I> I'm repeating my queries (below) as the first posting received a
> deafening
> I> silence.  Has no-one any comment to make on these subjects?
> I> ----------------------
> I> 1. There was some talk a while back of the possibly disadvantageous
> effects
> I> of having a heap of ram.  My W98SE system has 2 sticks of 256 PC2100
> DDR, so
> I> I pulled one stick out to see if it ran any differently.  I can't detect
> any
> I> changes.
> I> Anyone seen any information relating to a possible excess of ram?
>
> I> 2. I'm trying out Zone Alarm.  I saw a mention somewhere in my travels
> about
> I> dial-up connections not needing Zone Alarm or similar firewalls.  I'm
> I> curious to know if there is any foundation to this comment.
>
> I> Ian Porter
> I> Computer Guys
> I> Arrowtown
> I> New Zealand
>
> As I know the productivity of OS saturates with increasing RAM. For
> example: Win95 saturates in the range 16- 32MB,

FWIW, I have an old Magitronic running Win 95 which was pretty unstable.
Upped RAM to 64 mb, and that solved my problems.  Don't run much beyond Word,
Schedule Plus and Lotus, so don't know what would happen if I tried more, but
it does everything I want, so I am happy.

As for my HP8380 with Win 98, that's another story.

William Closure

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml