Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Les Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:37:33 -0400
Eugene Gurevich wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> My desktop constantly running out of memory even though I don't really
> run that much stuff on it. I usually have a MS Excel, MS Word, and Internet
> connection and a player. After a while (less then an hour I would say)
> I can't run any other application because I'm getting message
> "OUt of memory, Please cancel one or more application" or something to
> tha effect. What should I do? Where should I look to see what it the
> problem and how do I fix it?
>
> Hi Gene,

To understand what is happening, I refer you to four of Fred Langa's
columns:

http://www.winmag.com/columns/explorer/2000/11.htm. Also 12, 13 & 14.htm
I just finished fixing my daughter's new 700 MHz Dell for the second
time. Memory problems but different programs. You really should give us
more info especially about your OS. If it is Win98SE you can run
MSCONFIG from Start/Run and unclick all your start-up programs except
Explorer & Systray. Then go to My Computer, rightclick on it, go to
Properties & left click and the under Performance check System
Resources. If it runs OK after several hours add a few programs in
start-up, reboot and do it again. When you find the offending program,
you may need new drivers or whatever. You can talk to their tech
support. I would also shut off screensavers and power functions. Make
sure Task Scheduler is disabled. It can be a long frustrating process.
Mine took overnight to fail.

Good luck,
Les Barnes

                     visit our download web page at: