Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:22:20 +0300
From: "Don Penlington" <[log in to unmask]>

> Ron writes:
>
> <<I want to use my Photo Deluxe but I get this message. Shell 32 DDL File
> is linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL>>
>
> This error message usually means that you have the wrong version of that
> file on your computer, NOT that you don't have the file at all (though this
> is possible). (Why don't error messages say what they mean?)

 This error message says what problem Windows found. Only You must be
some knowledge about internal work of Windows needed mostly
programmers.

> Reinstalling the program should fix the problem, though it could create a
> similar problem for another prog using a later or earlier version of the
> same file. Dll files are generally backwards-compatible, perhaps you've
> installed an older prog which has replaced a later version with an older
> one of this dll file.
>
> Occasionally you'll get a rogue program which won't run on a later version
> of some dll file, in which case you'll get that error message.
>
> Unfortunately, you can't usually install both versions of the same .dll, as
> they both have to have the same name and Windows won't allow that within a
> single folder. If the files reside in different folders, then you're in
> luck.

I am sure that SHLWAPI.DLL is not missing. It is part of Windows needed
for Internet Explorer.  I Googled for problem and find that it is said that
Photo Deluxe 3.0 Home has problem with two files URLMON.DLL and
SHLWAPI.DLL   It has recommended rename them in \Program files\
Photo Deluxe 3\ folder to URLMON.OLD and SHLWAPI.OLd
My recommendation is uninstall PhotoDeluxe , check that photoDeluxe folder
is empty and possibly delete it.  After that reinstall PD put select custom
install
and uncheck Install Internet Explorer 4.* files.

Toomas

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml