Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:05:01 -0700
I am fighting (for several weeks) a very annoying problem in Win98.  Upon
booting I receive "While initializing IOS, Windows Protection Error, You
need to restart your computer" message.  I have been everywhere and have
tried a dozen different recommended "fixes" to no avail.

Every other boot I must boot into Safe Mode and load the Via 4in1s in order
to resolve this.

After much grief, it seems I am having an issue with IRQ and devices on the
machine.  If I remove The USB references and disable COM 1 (modem is on COM
2) in Device Manager it seems to resolve the issue, however, Windows finds
the Hardware and wants to install the USB drivers on every start.  At one
point I tried this and lost the modem due to running out of available IRQs.
Ideas?

700 MHz Duron
KT7-RAID
256 Mushkin PC133