Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:47:04 -0600
At 08:23 AM 6/7/2002, you wrote:
>I have a Gateway Select 750 AMD Athlon 750 Mhz, 30 GB Hard Drive, 128 MB
>Ram, Windows 98SE.  Two weeks ago when I turned on the computer there was a
>BSOD "A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:CF7E63BB in VXD WSOCK2(1),
>+0000373B."  I had no clue what to do about it.  I turned the machine off
>and brought it back up and it has been fine for two weeks, UNTIL this
>morning.  Same thing again only this time it was 0028:CF7E428B.  I turned it
>off and back on and it is o.k. at the moment.
>
>I have backed up a lot of my files over the past two weeks expecting it to
>go, but I don't know what to do to help it.  I have copied a lot of
>information from Windows site about the BSOD and fatal exceptions, but I
>can't find anything specific on what this means.  It appears to be in the
>Winsock area, but what do I do?
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Barbara Allen

Tracking down BSODs is one of the hardest issues with WIndows98
and we have had long discussions on PCSOFT about it.  The bottom
line is that minor corruption that slowly occurs using Windows98 or SE
begins to create them and there is little you can do about it.   One
thing I have found that does work well is a file we maintain on our
website:  VXDFIX
    http://www.freepctech.com/pc/002/files007.shtml#VXD

It is simple to run and usually tightens up Windows by recompiling
your VMM32.DLL file.   You will need your Windows98 install CD
to use this file.

      Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group
http://freepctech.com - http://nospin.org