Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:22:14 -0400
Hi Lew,

This particular problem has several causes, but let's start with the gist of the error as decribed..
"  ......This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily."

When trying to set a Restore Point ,try to minimize the number of programs you're running,
both visible and in the background.

Background could be Windows services and processes. Indexing Service would be one of them or Desktop Search,
which also does indexing. AV scanners or resident (always on) scanners as well.
Chat programs, downloading a large file, updating /checking email, having browser windows open etc.

See which services are not needed to start up automatically.
http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm
Also limit programs on startup  -even a simple program like Startup CPL can help, http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
but better is Autoruns for Windows  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

After you've done your adjustments and taken care of running programs ,see if a Restore Point setting can be done
without throwing the error.

Peter E.

From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, 20 June, 2010 3:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Can not set System Restore Points

I am having trouble setting restore points in System Restore. This just started recently and I have not made any major changes to my computer.
I am running Win 7 and it ran without any problems up until now.
I get an error stating the following:
"The shadow copy provided timed out while flushing data to the volume being shadow copied. This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume. Try again later when the volume is not being used so heavily. (0x80042313)"

I have no idea what they are talking about.

Has anyone had this type of problem and can anyone figure out what is wrong and any suggestion on correcting the problem.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Lew Russakov

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml