Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:49:50 -0800
  I've occasionally had IE insist on saving some pictures as .bmp when they
were clearly downloaded as .jpg.  It hasn't been consistent across a single
site, let alone across all sites.
  Someone else suggested that this was a known problem, fixable by emptying
Temporary Internet Files.  I'm going to try that the next time I encounter
this behavior, and see if it helps.

David Gillett

On 24 Jan 2004 at 22:36, Don Penlington wrote:

> Rebecca writes:
>
> <<When I try to right click on a graphic to save it ....
>  > it saves it as a bitmap item without giving me the choice for JPG for
> example>>
>
> In my experience, IE saves graphics in whatever form they are originally.
> But practically no website would place bitmaps on their site, as they are
> usually far too large.
>
> Check the size of the pix you are copying. Chances are, they are really
> .jpg's, perhaps they are just getting wrongly labelled.  Bitmaps would
> generally take ages to download, they would typically be well over 200 kb
> in size, whereas a comparable .jpg would be around 20-30 Kb, depending on
> the nature of the pix you are downloading.
>
> Try renaming one to .jpg and see if your picture viewer (Irfanview is the
> usual choice) still recognises it as such.
>
> I'm assuming ALL your picture downloads follow the pattern you describe,
> and that the problem is not confined to just one site.
>
> Don Penlington

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml