Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:41:40 -0500

> May I know is it possible schedule Windows 98 to shut down went you are
> away ?
>
> Freeman Low

It is possible to do what you are asking.  There are various shareware
programs that allow one to schedule windows tasks.  Take a look at
hotfiles.com.

I personally use the Windows 98 built in task scheduler to execute a
shutdown program I wrote that runs at 11:00 everynight.  Works pretty well
for my situation.  I also use the task scheduler to run an executable I
wrote that resets the desktop wallpaper every hour at my place of work.  The
task scheduler is very useful for automating things like this.  Type
"mstask" at the run line and it will appear in your task tray, or it may
already be there.

You can use rundll32 to do this as well.  See
http://www.winmag.com/columns/insider/1999/0922.htm for info.  Do a search
for rundll32 and shutdown for other rundll tips.  I believe the command was
something like "C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE User,ExitWindows".

Regards,
Dan
mailto:[log in to unmask]

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
          the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions