Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:15:10 -0800
This is a correction only - please note that line 4) below should be:

4) At the A:\ prompt type: SCANREG/restore, and press enter.

(not SCANDISK/restore as it now shows)

Sorry about the typo - it would only have returned an error message.

Al Thompson
--------------

> Assuming you're running Win98, it's easy to restore a "good copy" of your registry using your boot disk.
Win98
> automatically keeps 5 copies of your registry from various dates. If your registry becomes corrupt, try this
> to restore a good copy: (Assuming you have NOT rebooted 5 times since the registry became corrupted,
> otherwise, all copies may be corrupted.)
>
> 1) Shut down your PC
> 2) Insert your Win98 boot disk and start your PC
> 3) Use your down arrow key and choose option 4 "Minimal boot", then press enter
> 4) At the A:\ prompt type: scandisk/restore, and press enter.
>     (you could also type: scanreg /? for other options)
> 5) Highlight whichever "rbxxx.cab" file is dated closest to, but dated before your registry became corrupt.
> 6) With "Restore" highlighted, press enter (left/right arrow keys to select)
> 7) When registry is restored, remove your boot disk, shut down, then start your PC.
>
> *A few things to keep in mind when using this method*
>
> - Depending on how old the rbxxx.cab file is that you restore, some of your work may NOT be recovered, and
> some programs *may* need to be re-installed.
> - Your virus scan program will probably need to be updated (DAT files).
> - Your active desktop will probably need to be restored.
> hth
>
> Al Thompson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com