Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:18:45 -0500
Joe,

Windows 3.x uses DOS drivers for CD-ROM drives.  Send us a print out of your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT and we should be able to determine from lines in them what the drivers are and where they are on your hard
drive.  Normally with Windows 3.x it's a simple matter of saving the drivers to diskette and writing down the specific lines.  You can then copy the specific lines to your new setup, copy the drivers to the appropriate
place, and your new install will then use the CD-ROM.

Some Creative Labs CD-ROM drives, however, came with and are attached to a sound card instead of a motherboard IDE port.  In these cases, you really should use the install software that came with the sound card/CD-ROM,
which is a problem in your case, though there are ways around it.  Take a look inside and see if this is so.  If so, it's time to look for the drivers somewhere.

Fred

Joe Cardamone wrote:

> Can someone recall where I can find the driver in Windows 3.11?
> I have a Creative CD Rom, however I do not know what speed.

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org