Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:38:58 +1000
Benoit wrote:
>Thanks to Don Penlington. I used one of his ten suggestions: System =
>restore which worked very well. I found my old computer again and IE is =
>fast and responds now. Thanks Don.>>

Your problems were most likely due to registry corruptions or alterations.

You were lucky System Restore worked for you. It often doesn't, or doesn't

A much better and quicker alternative is to make regular registry backups,
for which you need to download the free utility ERUNT.

While there, also download the registry optimizer utility.

See my web tutorials on registry backups for more info on this if you need it.

Do NOT use Regedit to make regular backups. This is only useful if you are
making changes in the registry and may want to undo those changes.
Restoring the registry using the .reg files made in this way simply merges
the .reg file into the current registry---it will not fully restore the
registry to an earlier cleaner state.

The main advantage (there are several) of using ERUNT is that you can
retain backups indefinitely---whereas System Restore deletes older copies
as it makes new ones, so you cannot go back very far. As the registry
gradually accumulates useless crud over time, it can be very useful to
return to an early clean point.

You may need to reinstall some programs which were not present at the time
of making the backup, but this is a very small price to pay for returning
your computer to its former performance. Some programs make registry
changes when you install them, some don't.

System Restore is useful sometimes when problems originate in places other
than the registry, as it not only makes registry backups, but also backs up
exe and other system files.

Using both systems wisely should keep your computer humming along indefinitely.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>