Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:42:14 -0400
My Microsoft Word program has become just about useless.  I copy some text
to the clipboard from my browser and try to paste it into Word and although
my "normal" text is Trebuchet 12, Word pastes it in Constantina 12, which,
so far as I know, I haven't chosen for anything at all (doesn't matter if I
put the choicebox with the paste or not.  I can choose "match destination"
and Word just ignores it).

When I select all or part of what I pasted and choose another font (or
another point size) Word claims to have changed it in the text box on the
toolbar, but it looks exactly the same in the document.  I have tried
changing any settings that might be relevant, all to no avail.

Templates have always seemed erratic and poorly thought out to me, but now
it's just unusable.  Word also takes a very long time to close.  When I try
to select a draft font, the only choices are a few heading fonts, "normal"
not being in the list.  I'm about ready to toss this in the garbage and get
some non-M$ solution.  There must be something that doesn't keep falling
apart like Word does.  I've always had problems with it, thru 4 different
machines, although I do have to say, Word 2000 was not as bad as Word 2003.
What is a good Word processor?  OpenOffice? WordPerfect?    Thanks guys....
AnnaSummers

                       http://freepctech.com/rode