Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:53:50 -0700
On 5 Jun 2002, at 23:36, Carlos Gonzalez wrote:

> I have a computer running Windows 2000, but everytime I try to see
> the Shared Folders of the computer with Windows 2000 the computer
> asks me for a password.  The probelm is I have not assigned any
> passwords for this computer so how do i know what the password is
> ?   Any suggestions will help.   Thank you

  The version of this question that I usually encounter is that while
NT/2K offer "user-level security", where access to protected
resources is based on a user account and password and the permissions
granted to that user, Windows 95/98 default to "share-level
security", where access is determined by a password attached to the
resource itself.

  If you are doing file-sharing between Windows machines, you should
be using user-level security, and preferably a "domain" structure of
shared account information.

  If you are using a mix of 95/98/ME machines (or other clients
configured for share-level security) to access resource governed by
user-level security, you may have to use the command-line form of the
"NET USE" command to specify both a user account and password.  You
can put this in a .BAT file if you need to use it a lot, although
storing passwords in .BAT files is not generally a good idea....

  If you get everything properly using user-level security, then
instead of being prompted for a resource password, you will be asked
for a user account and password -- only if the one you used to log
onto this machine lacks access to the resource.

Dave Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com