Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 02:14:45 -0700
Hi Tom, thanks.  We cannot deactivate the usb ports since our students would
still use flash drives for their exercises and projects.  The only concern I
have are for the games.  Though I might have said before with what kind of
games are played which were resource hungry, but some would bring in trial
version of yahoo games (i.e. scrabble, textwist,etc) so my question here
lies as to how we could avoid students from playing while classes are going
on.  Thanks

Frederick

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Just an initial thought. If you do not need active USB ports, you may be
> able to deactivate them through the BIOS and then password protect the BIOS
> (which you probably have already done).
>
> You could use Tweak UI to limit the hard drives being recognized by XP to
> only the internal drives, but the students will likely not take long to
> figure that one out.
>
> BTW  With only 256MB of  RAM, you are already limiting the games that can
> be played.
>
> Tom

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml