Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:47:27 -0700
Joe Pearson wrote:

> Me too!  I have suffered from this problem with an HP Laserjet 5Si for a
> long time.  It's intermittent, and seems to be affected by shortage of
> memory and by task-swapping during printing.  I now have the habit of
> not printing if I have a lot of applications open, and when I do print,
> not touching the machine until the print job is finished.  Painful.
>
> The error message I get is almost the same:
>
> A fatal exception 0B has occured at 0028: C00035D7 in VXD
> >VMM(01)+000025D7.
> >The current application will be terminated.
> >* Press any key to terminate the current application.
> * Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved
> >information.

> Joe Pearson

I just got a brand new HP5000 at work, loaded the driver for it (there
were several on the disk so I chose the PCL6 version) and proceeded to
attempt to print.  No problems until I tried to print an Adobe Acrobat
Reader document -- Bingo, the blue screen of death.  I reloaded the
acrobat software several times and the HP5000 driver several times.
Without progress, I went to the Acrobat web site and found a Forum that
took questions, just like PCBuild.

What I found out was very interesting.  HP Printers, while having the
capacity to have large amounts of memory, will really use the computer's
CPU and memory to run a print job (do all of the calculations for the
bits that are on or off and grey scale etc.).  Then the processed info
is dumped into the computer memory.

However, a postscript driver will take the doc and send it to the
printer where the printer's memory is used to format and organize the
info for printing.

After I added the Postscript driver version to Control Panel|Printers
folder, I could print out anything.  Regular documents or adobe
postscript documents.

So if you have an HP Printer, and the disk or CDRom happens to have a
postscript driver on it, why not try loading it and try printing with
that driver.  See if you still get the conflict message.  It can't hurt.

HTH

--
Jean Bourvic