Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:13:30 -0700
Hi Regina,

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote: "  QB2002 does have the little envelope at the top of the
invoice.  That
 said however this version of QB is very invasive and proprietary.  To
 use the email function in it you have to use the QB business server and

 it was my understanding that you had to pay to do this. "

Does the email function send from your email client, like Outlook or
similar?
Does it attach the PDF to the email?

As to your "spyware " question > I wouldn't get too paranoid about
so-called "spyware".
You are using a machine that is running the biggest "spyware"
application made by the largest purveyor
of spyware in the world.:) -No names needed ;)
Also many applications are developed with .NET .They automatically log
in or won't work.
The .NET Framework (developed by MS) is an insidious set of codes that
enables developers to have full control
over their applications. Misused, it can change, enable or disable the
installed software as required.

Defenses against this are a very good firewall,file protection and
religious image back-ups, to name just a few.
Regardless, some applications do need to login to maintain functionality
,even for update purposes.
Decide what's needed and what is excessive.Complain to vendor if logins
are too frequent.
Some can be set as to frequency.

As to using the QB server - it's my understanding that PDFs without
company logo can be sent for free.
Do some exploring as to what is available via the email function.

Regarding CutePDF and doPDF as mentioned by other members : The freeware
versions don't really have a place in a business
environment.They offer no security ,unlike the one I mentioned HTI PDF
Creator ,which does.
See http://holdtrendinfo.com/screenshot.html  under the Security tab.

in this regard I have to agree with Anna Summers, who wrote
" I just looked at HTI PDF Creator.  It SAYS you can use 128 AES
encryption on the files.  If this is true and you can email them
encrypted, of course giving the encryption key to the recipient by other
means, then I will be thrilled.  I would be very leery of emailing
anything with financial or identity information that is NOT encrypted.
I just would not do it."  .......truncated

* HTI PDF Creator does not contain spyware -IOW- it does not login to a
website, either when running the interface or during conversion.
I checked this via my firewall and also with my AV program which lists
all connections.

The crucial question for all those PDF creators or readers ,is how they
render the document, either for reading or real printing.

This subject is way too extensive to be covered in this format.
However, below are some links to explore - probably more than you ever
wanted to know ;)

Non-Adobe creators or readers may not render the document as required
.To further complicate things, your printer may not
render the printed document like the original, depending on the printer
driver of that machine.
Adobe uses Postscript or at least some of it.
PostScript vs. PDF
http://www.adobe.com/print/features/psvspdf/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostScript

All the others use their own script or mostly GhostScript, which is an
interpreted language of PostScript.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostscript

What all this means is that you can have various results with any of the
non-Adobe programs.
Some are acceptable, some may not be, depending on the document format
and complexity.

Hope things are a bit clearer as to what's involved.

Peter E

 Regina Long wrote On
 Tue, September 29, 2009 12:03 pm

First let me say thank you for all your help.  You have given me lots to

 study and explore.
 QB2002 does have the little envelope at the top of the invoice.  That
 said however this version of QB is very invasive and proprietary.  To
 use the email function in it you have to use the QB business server and

 it was my understanding that you had to pay to do this.
 On Cutepdf/pdfcreator Cutepdf-says no spyware.  So it is not going to
 constantly try to connect to the internet.  I cannot find where
 pdfcreator says that it will not?  Can anyone tell me if it does?
 Thanks again,
 Regina Long

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml