Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:24:42 -0500
At 11/12/98 03:26 PM , Jim Meagher wrote:
>I was intrigued with this suggestion and went to Thornsoft's
>web page.  I was disappointed to find that the program costs
>$25 not $10 *and* does not appear to have a solution to
>Mike's problem.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the program a few years back and the
upgrades have been free since then.  I would still buy at $25.

> Could Messrs.. Stewart or Simmons
>give us a little more detail on how to capture and print the
>text without the graphics?

A couple of things can be done.  I use both Netscape and IE4.0.  The way I
normally capture a web page text is to select the text I want (the pictures
aren't selected when I click and swipe) then right click and select "copy"
from the context menu. Then I can do either of two things.  If the text was
on the right margin of the page it is usually aligned OK, so I then right
click the Clipmate Icon in the System Tray and select "PRINT" from the pop
up menu.  If the text is in the middle of the HTML page, it will be in the
middle of the printed page and possibly have to wrap to the right edge if
there is a lot of text on a line.  To check for that I click on the
Clipmate icon in the system tray and select "Show Magnify Window".  In that
window if the text is wrapped or in the middle you can move it to the right
with a "Reduce the margin" button and then print.  BTW, in the magnify
window you can edit the contents all you want: delete, add comments, etc.
as well as remove paragraph marks, word wrap, and change fonts.

I think that Thornton is proud of the way Clipmate can handle graphics and
spends a lot of explanations on using those functions, where I find the
text manipulations to be the best feature.  Another function that I use it
for is to automate typing with some boiler-plate phrases and paragraphs.
By copying text that you want to reuse many times, you can put as many as
you want in a special "folder" in Clipmate and then a quick cntl-shift-q
(or combo that you choose) a list box of all your phrases are there for a
double click and the paste will occur. Also the quick key combo will
display in another box all the past "clipboard copies" that you have made.

Hope this helps explain how I use it to copy text from web pages.

Doug Simmons