Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:10:05 -0600
At 05:38 PM 10/26/1999 , Jerry wrote:
>Hello,
>I am running an AMD 400 mhz with Windows 98 second edition. When I boot my
>machine, I am now getting an error message saying, can't find
>Windows\system\vmm32.vxd. Press any key to continue. Then I have to boot up
>into Safe Mode, restart, and it will usually boot up normally. Any
>suggestions for the cure?

Jerry,

On our web site at:  http://nospin.com/pc/win98hid.html
You will find our tip sheet about Windows98 hidden utilities.  On the
page, it discusses System File Checker.  This utility can be used to
replace missing files, such as your VMM32.VXD file from your Install
CD.

Also, after you are done with this, be sure to read our article at:
http://nospin.com/pc/pcs05-012.html  discussing fixing the VXD
blue screen of death that plagues many Windows98 users.  This
fix is a marvel, cured the problem for me...  so I wrote the article...
   *grin*

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: