Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:05:31 -0500
This message means that the disk the computer looks at first doesn't have
an operating system on it (or at least the computer cannot read it).

IF:
1) You have your Bios to look at first the Floppy Drive, then Hard drive
for an operating system, and
2) you don't have a disk installed in the floppy,

then the computer can't read your hard drive.  Several things can cause this.

The easiest check is to boot from a startup floppy and see if it will boot ok.

Then see if you can see anything on your hard drive.  If no, then there are
several possibilities also.

1) you may have wrong settings for the hard drive in the bios.
2) Looking at your specs I see that you have a 1 gig hard drive. For a 75
MHZ Pentium era motherboard you may have a "disk overlay" program (Like EZ
BIOS) to allow you to see the entire 1 G byte as one partition from
Windows.  The disk overlay program usually comes with a replacement drive
and is installed in the "boot sector" of the hard drive. The boot sector
may have gotten written over and the overlay program removed.  If it did
have an overlay program, then you may be able to restore it if you have the
program disk.
3) bad hard drive

To go further I would need to know which brand of hard drive you
have.  Most hard drive manufacturers have diagnostic programs to help look
at their hard drives and give advice on how to fix or if they are really bad.

Doug

At 3/22/01 09:39 AM, James W. Christian wrote:

>hi when i try to post it go's so far and then i get a message that say's
>(invalid system disk riplace the disk and then press any key) no matter
>what key i press the same message come's up again,

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml