Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 06:51:18 -0800
I recently installed Windows 2000 on my system and am finding that some
operations are extremely slow. Windows Explorer often takes 8 to 10 seconds
to respond when I click on a file in the right pane. This seems to be
related to disk access. Other programs like good old winfile do not exhibit
this delay action.

Another operation that was slow was unzipping a file. When I do this under
NT 4, it takes about 15 seconds. Under Win2k it took 1 minute 25 seconds!
When the disk access was already cached, repeating the unzip only took 2
seconds. Has anyone else run into this? I am using an Adaptec 2940AU SCIS
card with a Seagate Barracuda drive for the system files, and an EIDE
Seagate Medallist for the data drive.

There is a lot to like in Win2k, but for now it seems that I need to do
productive work in NT4. Also, I noted yesterday, that a Power Point
presentation when saved under Win2k created a 2.8M file. The same
presentation opened and then saved using NT4 produced a file of only 788K.
This was done repeatedly. Strange behavior of Win2k, or is there something
wrong in my system?

Peter Shkabara
http://pesh.what.cc

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: