Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:37:24 +1000
Al wrote:

<<When I clicked your link below (Using WinME), McAfee VS reports this link
as ExploitIEPageSpoof Trojan. What's the
intent of this link, if you can shed some light on it?>>

It will tell you whether your IE is vulnerable to the perceived scripting
vulnerability.  If you can read its test page, it points out that this
could well be some spoofed page or some other type of nasty which could
place naughty scripts on your computer. Or could extract your vital data.
If you are secure, it should not display.

It is indeed a page-spoof of what a real page-spoof or phish might look
like. It details what could happen to you if it were real. McAfee probably
sees it as a potential threat for that very reason---a false positive?.

  Secunia.com is, as far as I know, a well-known and respected security
advice site. Others may care to comment.

  http://secunia.com/internet_explorer_cross-site_scripting_vulnerability_test/

I have visited it again, and have thus far suffered no dire results.

Don Penlington (his last contribution before expiring?)
 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml