Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Wigle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:16:57 +0000
Jim Meagher writes:

Date:    Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:46:22 -0500
From:    Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A challenging problem for all you raw HTML programmers.

I have a web  page that uses an <IFRAME> tag.  Within the inline frame,
I want to display and swap various document files.  I am able to accomplish
the basics of this with the TARGET attribute of an <A HREF.....> tag.

When I use plain TXT type files, everything works great.
The problem is that I want to use RTF type files, not TXT files........
when I try to link to an RTF file, IE loads MS Word inside the frame, and
then Word loads the RTF file.

In other words, I end up with a web page that contains an un-maximized
version of MS Word inside the frame, which in turn displays the RTF file
in Page Layout View.... complete with (some) toolbars, scroll bars,
the rulers, and a status bar.

Is it possible to load the RTF file, but hide Word?

Jim Meagher

<>< <>< <>< ><> <>< <>< <><

Gary Wigle replys:

Everytime I tried to use the "IFRAME"  I would submit the page to
WebSiteGarage and always was told that not all browsers supported the tag and
then they would take points away. With that said and I don't have a clue on
how to get what you want Jim you might want to try "WebMonkey." It might take
a while to read all they have but I have always felt they knew a lot on web
page building. Most of it way over my head. I did a quick search and came up
with 6 hits on IFRAME.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
Gary

--
Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer;
  thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml