Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:13:29 -0500
hi, listgroup.  earlier this week i posted re: a problem i was having
with my computer running in "dos compatible" mode, and with an ide
driver conflict.  thanks to a response to my posting, the problem has
been resolved, and i want to share the results with you in case you ever
encounter it.  karl gottshalk suggested i check my registry for the line
"noide", and if i find it, to delete it.  i used the "find" feature in
"regedit" to locate the references, deleted them, and that was that.  i
asked karl for an explanation i could share with the group.  he wrote
back:

" I think the "noide" entry gets into the registry when your IDE
controller
is not detected on a boot up. I have run into it several times, the MS
KB
article is Q151911 - MS-DOS Compatibility Mode Problems with PCI-IDE
Controllers. I just remembered what a pain it was to figure it out the
first time.

Karl

thanks, karl.  and thanks also to kevin, who offered several
suggestions.  and thanks to the listgroup operators for their efforts to
share knowledge and information.

jim wishner/minnesota

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>