Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:51:17 -0400
Still in a brainstorming session...  Replies mixed in...

> > I would look real close at the start up disk... Is it corrupt?
>         How can I tell?

Have you run scandisk or other utilities on it?
Is it the factory boot disk, and was it ever successfully used...?
When you use a CD, do you inspect it for dust, damage,
and finger prints?

> > proper version,     >Yes.
Good

> >using a disk overlay, etc.???   >No.
Good, see more later...

> > What is "it" doing to get you on this drive.
>         Standard run of the mill start up disk with autoexec.bat and
>         config.sys files to get CD going.  Need to see them?

Can't hurt --- I would like to take a look.
You should install from a "controlled environment". (MS quote...)
Send them to me OFF LIST, or to anyone that ASKS...

> >Is the BIOS right?
>         What do I look for?  Also went to the extreme of clearing CMOS and

Since you are not using a disk overlay (DiskManager, EZ Drive) the
BIOS should be a piece of cake...  You have to put in the HD parameters,
or Auto Detect.  Some motherboards don't auto detect right, but
this is "more" of a problem in RE-SETTING UP a drive later (with info) in
the same or a different machine.  Just record the settings (sizes, etc.)
it is originally used with... starting now.
 (Don't insulate the drive with a paper label. HEAT...)

> > It seems more like an ACCESS problem or a problem with
> > "something" on the drive
snip
Just ramblings of years of fighting to get  HDs set-up solid as
a rock. Since you tried another drive (hopefully "different enough")
that "might" eliminate all the Hard Drive related questions.
The ZAP part was to eliminate any boot code, Disk Overlays, partition
info, FATS, etc...  (Especially from Win95 installs.)
The WIPE part was to write ZEROs to the ENTIRE drive.
Normally not necessary, but then again all it can do is waste
time...  This puts the drive back to "clean as new" and might generate errors.
It also gets rid of any possible "hidden" track zero backups made by EZ Drive,
which you don't use -- (now?)...

> > Another question, --- did you try another HD?
>         Absolutely!  No luck though.  Same message.

Bummer...  Not an identical drive, I hope?

> Thanks for the input, Rick.  Keep the suggestions comin'...

No problem --- I'll keep rambling... Sometimes I hit a nerve,
or get people to look in the right direction....

I did a little searching -- see below links...
See: (your install CD   ~~readme.txt ~~, or)
http://support.microsoft.com/support/windows/readme/98/setup.asp

See also: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q87/2/39.asp
This article discusses the following two error messages with stack dump:
Bad Fault in MS-DOS Extender -and- Standard Mode: Fault outside of
MS-DOS Extender.  (The readme is better though...)
You can have any article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base sent to
you via e-mail.
[log in to unmask]    Subject:
Q87239
                       Rick Glazier