Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:24:45 -0800
This issue has been discussed here extensively. You might want to check the
archives. If memory serves me right, the most frequently mentioned
anti-virus was AVG which is free, uses limited resources and is frequently
updated. There are a number of other good programs both free and costly. The
things to research are effectiveness, updates and resources used. You can
search the WEB for reviews and user comments on the products. Also
recommended for anti-spyware are Spybot Search and Destroy and AdAware which
are free. Recently I started using Hitman Pro (free) that combines several
anti-spyware programs and runs them automatically.

As to a firewall - for incoming protection, a hardware firewall, such as a
router, is excellent. Even if you don't have a local (home/office) network
you can install one and, if you shop around, you can get one for about $20.
For outgoing protection - the most frequent recommendations are Zone Alarm
(free) although , like anti-virus programs, there are several others. I have
yet to find a firewall program that actually tells/recommends which programs
to allow access to the Internet and which to disallow. All of them I've
tried identify which program (sometimes cryptically) is trying to access the
Internet but totally leave it up to the user as to what to do. With all the
rest of the protections I use I've never had a problem, as far as I can
tell.

By the way, I use Norton for my anti-virus. The next time it comes up for
renewal, I may go to AVG to save a few dollars.

The above mentioned programs can be found through a search on the Internet.
If you have problems finding any, let us know and someone can direct you to
the right site.

Tom Mayer