Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:43:56 -0700
Dick writes:

<<Do you know of any programs that can
automatically restart a program that just crashed? >>

Is this really a good idea?

If there were such a program, I'd imagine a good name for it would be
"Kamikaze"!

Offhand, I can't think of any better way to drive a computer into
instability, particularly if the crashing is due to memory shortage.  If
the client is indeed suffering from frequent program crashing (and why
would he want such a program if he were not?) he should endeavour to fix
the cause.  Simply to keep restarting the offending program, especially if
there are other programs running at the same time, will quite likely drive
the computer into a state where he may not be able to reboot into Windows
at all.

At the very least, there is a high risk that using any such utility would
end up with the system rapidly sliding downhill into oblivion.

If frequent crashes require rebooting, then improper restarting will make
matters even worse.

But I've no doubt there will be readers who will write in saying that
Utility XXX achieves this function perfectly on their system.  So be
it.  My poison may be your delight.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Computer tutorials,Fractals, poetry, free icons,  and beautiful Queensland
beaches.