Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:33:39 -0800
Dear Listers-

I need some help with this problem.  When I start up my computer running Win98se, I get the following message:

Cannot find device file that may be needed to run Windows or a windows app.

The Windows registry or System Ini file regers to this device file but the device file no longer exists.  etc., etc.,...

dfs.vxd

press a key to continue.

When I press a key, I get a message that Windows is now starting  & it does, or else I get another message & then the computer shuts itself off & we start over again with the same deal.

I haven't removed anything, so what is this dfs.vxd &  how do I fix this problem?  Please reply in terms that a novice can understand!  THANKS.

Diane Sweat