Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 03:35:19 -0700
Generally, the programs that require their CD in the drive do so as a copy-
prevention mechanism.  If you could just install it to your hard drive,
there would be no way to prevent you from installing to the hard drives of
all of your friends' machines from that same CD.

I used to be able to get address the issue a bit differently for some
applications by installing a 4-disk CD changer -- several models were sold
under NEC's brand, although as I recall you had to look elsewhere for driver
support.

Unfortunately, it turned out that many applications that required their CD
be present would give up the search after the first CD-ROM drive, never
considering that a PC might have more than one.  So the CD changers were
much less useful than I had hoped.

David Gillett

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal