Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael C Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:39:56 -0700
Hello Mark,

For CD labeling, I picked up the CD Stomper Pro kit from Fry's for $10,
free after $10 mail-in-rebate. This kit is pretty simple - they've got
full page sheets with a specific format on each page - 2 CD labels, 2 zip
disk/floppy labels, etc. The pages are entirely self-adhesive with some
pre-cut shapes in it. The software that comes with it is Surething CD
labeler. And to apply the CD labels to the CD's, they have this "Stomper"
which is a base that allows you to have each label centered perfectly.
It's hard to describe, but it lets you put the label sticky-side up, and
lower the CD onto it.

I haven't seen anything that might be trouble, like the labels peeling
off or making the CD unbalanced. The "Stomper" is very good at making
sure the labels are centered, and the glue is very strong. Also, the
labels aren't glossy or anything - they feel like normal copier paper,
albeit a little smoother.

The kit is relatively simple, but to make this stuff yourself would be a
pain. I'd say it's worth the $10. It does its job, and it does it well.

- Hawk166_PWR (Michael Soto)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:40:22 -0700 Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I want to burn some audio CDs for my sisters and I would like to use
> labels
> on them primarily so that I may show the play list.  Using labels is
> probably not something I am going to do very often so I don't want
> to make
> a large investment in software and or materials but I would be
> interested
> to hear about different approaches. And I do want a quality look.  I
> use
> EZCD Creator Deluxe 4.02 which has a CD Label designer and I thought
> would use this. Or is there something better available.
>
> What materials do I need or should I use. Any particular brands
> ...is this
> important. I assume this is just like any other label that you use
> software
> to create and print the label and then a self stick label to attach.
> How
> durable are these? Do they represent any danger to your CD....for
> example
> by making the CD unbalanced ....or pieces coming off....anything
> like this ?
>
> Any cautions, warnings or advice ?
>
> All comments appreciated !
>
> Mark Rode