Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:32:02 -0500
Debbie,

If you've not already received a resolution, try this.  Get rid of the
'FindFast' and 'Office QuickStart' (names may be slightly different on your
system) in the StartUp menu, then restart the system.  Or, instead of a
restart use CTRL-ALT-DELETE once to bring up the active task list and
terminate 'findfast' and 'osa'.

OSA preloads a number of Office .dll files, but this is of little use unless
you load and exit the Office applications several times a day.  It allows
Word, Excel, etc. to start faster, but still occupies memory when they have
been closed.

FindFast is an auto-indexing program for Office that significantly increases
the 'find' function in the open dialog for the office products.  It does
this, however, by periodically scanning your system and reindexing the word
content of Office documents.  I think the default value is a twenty-minute
interval, but don't hold me to that - I'm not certain and have not checked.

FindFast, while in indexing mode, will make the mouse appear to 'jump',
'hang', 'mis-click', etc..  What happens is that the find functions eats
much CPU cycle, and there is apparently a 'mouse action' buffer similar to
the type-ahead keyboard buffer.  Unfortunately, since mouse actions are not
quite so precise as keystrokes, you can get some really weird results using
the mouse while the find function is in operation.

If you do really heavy word processing, the FindFast function may be
worthwhile, but for the majority of folk, it is an encumbrance.  I routinely
delete both the FindFast and Osa shortcuts from the systems that I support
at work because they are both detrimental to production in our environment.
Unfortunately, many MS installs re-install both of them, so there is a
constant likelihood of them returning to a machine that has been 'cleaned'.

Don't know if this will help, but it fits some of the description you
provided.

Make a good day . . .
                                . . . barn