Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:14:33 -0800
At 11:52 AM 2/23/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have received, as an e mail attachment, a 30 page document which I
>"opened" via Adobe Acrobat, no problem. Then I closed the document,
>re-clicked on the e mail 'paper clip', chose 'save' and saved it in a Word
>folder.  When I opened Word and opened the document all I got was pages of
>gibberish - code, I guess.  However, when I went to 'Explore', chose and
>opened the document, it opened as an Acrobat file just fine!
>
>How should I save an Acrobat file to Word so I can open it correctly and
>directly from Word?  I have Win 98, MS I.E., Office 2000.

Jim,

PDF files are post processed from a source form. They are not editable from
Word. Only the Acrobat Reader can open and display the files. When you use
explorer to open it, it is opening the reader because it as PDF files
associated with it.

If you want to make changes, you would need to obtain the source (which
could be anything, PDF files are typically generated as a print filter,
meaning it looks like another printer device to any program that can
print), edit it using that program, then processed using the full Adobe
Acrobat product (which costs $$$)

There may be some shareware or freeware utilities that can decode a PDF
file into something more editable, you would have to search around for them.

Russ Poffenberger
NPTest, Inc.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml