Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:47:17 -0600
Eddie stated:

>Yes I recommended to my cousin to use USRobotics...but today he called me
>say he got the driver...Thanks to everyone for their help.  Now I just have
>to guide him through the installation..which is easier, just running the
>install or going to my computer, and within the devices tab, selecting the
>modem (currently in unknown devices) and select update driver? or use the
>install/setup.exe that comes with it?

Hi,

I have a winmodem ( terrible thing) and you cannot install it the same way
you install normal modems.  You have to go into the bios setup and make sure
that the comm port that you want the modem to install too is disabled or you
will get errors saying that the comm port is in use every time you try to
access the modem.

Remove the modem from device manager and then install the driver from the
floppy disk.  Reboot the system and windows should detect the winmodem and
install the proper drivers.

Hope this helps.

Mary Wolden

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]