Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Linda Aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 14:21:50 -0500
I have always heard that the Windows Font folder works best if it contains under
 300 fonts.  Create another Font Folder (I call mine
Fonts2) and more 600 of the fonts into that folder and I bet you have no more
 problems.  The fonts that windows needs should be in
red and it won't let you move them, and if you find you moved something you need
 you can always move it back.

To use a font in the Fonts2 folder just go to the font you want to use and
 double click on it to open it.  Leave it open and go to
the program you wanted to use it in and it will be there.  This fools windows
 into thinking the font is installed.  I have all my
dingbats in a separate folder and this is the way I pull them up for use in my
 graphics programs.

You'll be amazed how much better Windows will respond after you move all those
 Fonts!

Linda Aldridge

You asked:

I need advice about fixing the fonts folder in Win95(400.950.B). When you
try to view a font nothing is displayed. My wife copied a number of extra
fonts from the CorelDraw5 CD into the folder and it now contains 957 fonts.
The font folder properties are a bit odd. Created:Unknown. There is a tick
next to system but the word is greyed out?

I have reset the file associations for font and ttf files. Open and print
options are set to use fontview.exe but fontview does not even display a
font when you open it from Start/Run.

Lastly, I have repaired the font folder twice with the option in Tweakui
and then restared the PC but still no display!

Please help as it is rather tedious having to use Word to view fonts.

TIA

David George

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]