Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Haase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 02:27:31 -0400
Dear List Members,

I originally sent this message to the ComputerLady and she referred me to
you fine people.

I am new to Windows98 having used 3.1 for 6 years.  I have several
questions.  The newest books that I have seen on MSDOS still refer to
*dosshell*. But the DOS with my Windows98 doesn't recognize this.  Also,
is QBasic still included in the DOS with Windows98?  Is there any
difference between the DOS accessed through the DOSpromt and that accessed
with a *Shutdown--> restart in DOS*?

How do you remove applications from the Startup Group/Folder?  I see how
to add to it but when I try to get to where I can remove an app. from
starting up automatically it looks like I will be deleting it from the
Start Menu altogether.  I just don't want so many starting automatically
and cluttering up the desktop.

Before I unhooked my IBM 486 running IBM's pc-dos 6.1 and Windows 3.1, and
set-up my new machine with Windows98, I ran a backup using the cpbackup
app that is on pc-dos. I also copied the cpbackup.exe file to a disk. I
then copied this to the MSDOS on my new machine and tried to run it. I got
a *file not found* error msg. for *cpbackup.msg* and *cp.ovl* (not exactly
sure of that one). It is too late to go back and get the needed files from
the old machine. I went to IBM's FTP area but didn't find anything for
cpbackup. I would really like to restore some of the stuff from the
backup. Does anyone know where I can get the complete cpbackup files to do
this restore?

All help appreciated,

John Haase <[log in to unmask]>

All help appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Haase

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: