Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:23:50 -0500
Hello Cal,

You can almost be 100% certain the data has been lost to conventional
recovery means. The drive has been formatted and new data has been written
to it which further increases the chances of the data being permanently
lost.

There are programs and services available you can try. I wouldn't try any of
the free ones as most of them are simple and only designed to recover files
deleted from the Recycle Bin, etc, that haven't had new data written over
them. I suggest you conduct a search at http://www.google.com for "Deleted
File Recovery", "Recover Deleted Files" or something similar. A question
here may be "Is the data worth the time and expense?".

There's a lesson here when it concerns personal data on a computer... back
up, back up, back up. I use both an external hard drive and DVD media to
keep regular back ups of all my personal files. Good luck to you both.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calvin Peters" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 6:41 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] unformat software

Hi All....

I built a new machine for my sister and plugged in her old  6G hard
disk as a slave in the new machine to transfer all her personal and
program files.  Worked fine.  But I apparently missed her "my documents"
folder....

Problem is, I put the old hard drive back in the old machine and
formatted it and did a fresh install of Win98.  It hasn't been used
since, so I believe there's a reasonable chance the files haven't been
written over...

Is there any (low cost) software anybody knows of that would let me
"unformat" that folder?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Cal Peters
Grandville, MI

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal