Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:41:12 +0200
From: "Kshitiz Chandra" <[log in to unmask]>

> I checked the page you reffered.It says:
>
> In CMOS try turning on the legacy sound blaster settings and usually that
> works.

sorry , i dot use linux on computer with this chipset. Seems that support
for
it  RH 7.0 kernel is not full
In RedHat mail archives i find following.
--------------------------------
Robert Valkenburg ([log in to unmask]) said:
> I have the VIA VT82C686A chipset and am experiencing difficulty getting
> sound to function.
> I am fairly new to linux and any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

Add the line:

options sb support=1

to /etc/conf.modules, and then try 'modprobe sound'.  Does that help?

Bill
Theare is recommended upgrade kernel, as you new to linux not recommended.
How to use ALSA step by step instruction for VIA VT82C686 chipset
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/hardware/southbridge_alsa.html
 If you take risk and want try kernel upgrade , instructions:
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/compiling/kernel2.4upgrade.html

> How do I do that?In CMOS I didn't find anything "sound" or "audio" or
> "blaster" stuffs.How do I modify the settings ?Is it different for
> different motherboards ?

I think they mean that you must use sb compabilty in linux modules config
files

> I expect a little more explainatory answers.I am totally new to Linux.
>
> Where does rescue disk come from ?I was not asked to create one during
> installation.I have boot and installer disks.

Just write RH7.0 disk and find that your CD is rescue disk, juast boot it
and
in first page is instructions iirc write lnux rescue. Earlier versions there
was
possibilty to make rescue floppy.

Toomas Piibe

                     visit our download web page at: