Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
jonathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 15:34:30 -0800
I recently ran a couple of utilities that backed up and cleaned/fixed
my registry. I also did some housekeeping involving cutting down the
number of programs that are opening automatically and clogging up my
systray and system in general. By and large things run better now
(less sluggishly).
But another oddity has arisen, and namely,
When I Shut Down now, the Shut Down procedure seems to be divided in
two. First, the system shuts down to the point where it checks the A:
drive, successfully, but then the shut down procedure apparently stops
and I'm back at the desktop. If I click on Shut Down a second time, it
completes the process to conclusion. I say 'completes' because it does
not check at the floppy drive a second time and it concludes the shut
down immediately.
Occasionally between the two, I get a message on screen to the effect
that Shut Down did not shut down all open programs; would I please
close them and try again. At this point if I simply click on SHut Down
again, it completes the process. If I cntrl-alt-del at this point o
see what programs are running, actually there are almost none. In
fact, there are far fewer than there were several weeks ago when Sut
Down had no problems. Also, none of the few that remain were not there
already before this problem arose.
Anybody seen this? How can I fix this?

TIA,

jonathan gold