Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:42:04 -0800
Bob,

I had exactly the same problem starting with boot up this morning! I noticed
that Norton Firewall 2002 requested an okay for ITSELF! That seemed
suspicious to me. Then, excel and word took much longer than normal to load
themselves and/or a file, with the message that the program was requesting a
virus scan. I did a complete check of the system with Ad-aware 6.0, Spybot
S&D, and a complete virus scan with Norton Anti-Virus 2003. I checked
Live-Update for Norton and got everything up to date. Nothing was detected
and the problem persisted. I then replaced the operating system disk and
program disk with a Ghost image from 2 weeks ago. No change. It was still
very slow.

I then began searching through the options for Norton Firewall and
Anti-Virus. Since the slow load problem seemed to be only with Microsoft
Office programs, I tried disabling the "Enable Office Plugin" under
Miscellaneous Norton Anti-Virus options. That did the trick. Everything is
changed cured it for me.

Let us know if this works for you and/or if you find out the cause of the
problem.

My system:
Gigabyte GA-7NNXP Motherboard
1 gig RAM