Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dr Mike Ecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 23:46:09 EST
Subj:   Unusual Win95 Problem: IOSUBSYS

My kids' Pentium 200 running Windows 95 with 32 megs of RAM developed an odd
problem. My son had added Internet Explorer 4 (from a game-maker program CD),
which may or may not be relevant, except that I've heard talk of crashes.

A bit later, boot-up produced an error message just before final entry into
Win 95. It said something like a file was corrupted in .\IOSUBSYS or memory
was low. At this point the screen freezes at the black DOS screen with that
message.

I doubt memory is the problem, so I tried copying over the IOSUBSYS directory
from another Pentium from the same vendor (ProGen). No dice. (Could there be
some kind of OLE linking which is still seeing the original Iosubsys
directory, even though I renamed that folder IOSUBSYS.BAD?)

Is anybody familiar with this problem? The kids did not have Windows backed
up, and safe mode has not really helped. Where to begin??

Thanks! Mike

Dr. Michael W. Ecker, Editor
Recreational & Educational Computing
Clarks Summit, PA 18411

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]

Web Page:  http://members.aol.com/DrMWEcker/REC.html

Mathematics Professor, Pennsylvania State University, Wilkes-Barre Campus

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]