Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chris Fera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:49:44 -0400
I own a PIII 667Mhz with 256MBs of RAM (the RAM is running at 133Mhz and so is the processer however the RAMs 133 bus speed isn't supported on my motherboard).  I have a Elsa ERAZOR X GeForce video card and a Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card.  All of that is plugged into an Asus P3C2000.  I'm running Windows 98 on it.  I use a MS Sidewinder Joystick.  Lastly I have an Iomega ZIP 100MB external drive.

The computer has been acting up during games.  I'll start up a game (ie. Rogue Spear or Midtown Maddness) and go through the menus.  The acual game (level) will load up and the computer will eventually freeze.  The freeze usually occurs at the begining, but other times I will play for a while and then it will freeze.  Due to the intermittent nature of the freezing it is hard to tell exacty what the problem is.  The only time it does NOT happen is when I'm just using non-gaming apps (ie. Word or Internet Explorer).  This leads me to believe that it has something to do with hardware/software that is only used during the game (ie. directx or sound card).  However I am not sure that it has to do with that either so any suggestions would help.

So far I've tried to play with as many window settings as I can find.  I've installed Windows over top of itself (which seemed to fix the problem but it showed up again shortly).  I have the newest drivers for my video card, my sound card and my joystick.  Although I've tried these things I'd gladly try these ideas again so tell me whatever you can.

The only things that I think I havent done is to get a new driver for my CD-ROM drive (because I can't find one, it is an Aston but it shows up as an ATAPI in device manager) and I havn't got a new driver for my ZIP (I didn't think it would mean anything).  Also I've been reluctant about typing format c:\ and starting from scratch.

Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks,
Chris Falcone

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: