Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Eddie Apostol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:20:57 -0500
Hi,
I've suffered through both of these situations and can tell you that the
modem is the hardest of the 2. Now I only use 'real' modems.

Yes I recommended to my cousin to use USRobotics...but today he called me to
say he got the driver...Thanks to everyone for their help.  Now I just have
to guide him through the installation..which is easier, just running the
install or going to my computer, and within the devices tab, selecting the
modem (currently in unknown devices) and select update driver? or use the
install/setup.exe that comes with it?

As for the PCI bridge, you need to get the driver for the motherboards
chipset (using a TX chipset?). I got mine from Intel since I use the TX
chipset motherboards.

Yes...another user of this list recommended to me the page location at
Intel's website...I downloaded it this morning and will have to try out
later this weekend.

Again, thanks for all your help...this e-mail list is most useful!

cheers.

Eddie Apostol
Multimedia Applications Designer and Developer

>    If you need any help...let me know.
>                                                        Wayne
>

>Mark Rode wrote:
>
>> Posted on behalf of  Eddie Apostol by Moderator Mark Rode
>>
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> Now its my turn to put my hat into the foray.
>>
>> I have two questions which I hope someone here can help me out.
>>
>> Background:
>> My cousin's system is a Pentium II 300 mHz, 32 Meg SDRAM, 64 Bit SBAwe
Sound
>> Card, ATI 3D Rage II+ 2 Meg vid card, 4.3 Gig FAT32 HD, and a PS/2 Mouse
on
>> COM1. Win 95 rev.B OSR2, and a 56K modem which I will tell you about.
All
>> the latest greatest software drivers installed for all the cards.
>>
>> 1.  Previously, his system was constantly crashing  with invalid page
faults
>> in USER.EXE, GDI.EXE, and his modem (though working) was connected to
COM3
>> (which did not exist).  As well, When dialing up to the Internet using
Dial
>> Up Networking, it said that DUN was missing some necessary files which
had
>> to be reinstalled.  I attempted to remove and reinstall DUN, but to no
>> avail. (note:  my cousin was also using SPRYNet/Compuserve's custom
dialer).
>> After discovering that these crashes were too frequent for any practical
>> work to be done, I decided to install Win 95 OSR 2 on his system again.
>>
>> 2.  I renamed the current windows directory win_old, and renamed the
win.com
>> file to win.win so that OSR2 will not think it was installing over a
current
>> installation (as per everyone's advice on this listserv).  The
>> reinstallation of Windows 95 was a success (incl. sound card and graphics
>> card), except for the following.
>>
>> 3.  The modem was detected, but no driver found.  I searched the Windows
95B
>> CD, and even attempted to set it up as COM 2, generic modem at 28.8K.
But