Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:11:31 -0500
Rick Glazier wrote:

> l;ll. Lokanathan" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Is it Ok to have Netscape 3, NC 4.04, IE4 & IE3 all on the same disk.
> >Will one, prevent the others from accessing a particular Server?
> >        Thanks          Siva Lokanathan
>
>   I have had lots of NetScapes and ONE MSIE on my computer
> for quite some time.  The general rules I have used are as follows:
> You can easily have more than one 16 bit NetScape, but they will
> share the directories of the other 16 bit NetScapes.
> You can have one ver 3, 32 bit NetScape and One ver 4, 32 bit
> Communicator.  (Maybe more, I am doing the above.)
> With all of that, you can also have one MSIE, 32 bit.
> The 32 bit versions of MSIE do not co-exist on a drive. (I am told.)
> I had too many browsers so I never mixed in a 16 bit MSIE.
>
> Mail is another problem...  With all of the above, you have too
> many mail programs.  I would recommend sticking with
> ONE mail program as your only mail program, OR you will
> have too many address books, and never know where an
> incoming message got stored when you picked it up.
> NetScape has had two upgrades since yours came out,
> so you might upgrade it and stay with that.

You CANNOT install MSIE 3.x over 4.x. It's a recipe for disaster. I have
MSIE 4.01+Service Pack, Netscape 0.96(beta), Netscape 4.06 and Netscape
4.5(beta). The good thing about using the Netscape Mail and News
features is that they stay in sync.(At least the 4.x versions do). That
is any preferences, bookmarks, saved mail, unread mail etc. is the same
in all versions. If you want to use different versions, however, they
should be installed in different folders (Esp. 4.5b1). If you want to
uninstall Netscape though, it might be tough to figure out which is
which if you use "Add/Remove Programs". I use an uninstaller. If you use
"Add/Remove", you can just back-up your "Users" file, delete them all,
install the one you want and copy the "User" file back to it. Hope this
helps.

Kelly

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**