Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:35:50 -0500
Joe:

Seven vxd's are combined into vmm32.vxd and aren't installed on their own.
You can restore these vxd files to c:\windows\system and
c:\windows\system\vmm32 using extract.exe or system file checker. After you
reboot, your system will use these vxd's instead of the ones in vmm32. This
has been known to improve stability and eliminate vxd problems and errors
pertaining to vmm32. The files are as follows:

vmouse.vxd, ntkern.vxd, vcomm.vxd, vdd.vxd, vflatd.vxd, configmg.vxd and
vdmad.vxd

Read more about this here:

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/philip1/Windows/win_bugs.htm

HTH

Doug

At 2/23/00 02:35 AM +0200, Joe Pearson wrote:

>Hi all
>In the past few days I've had a problem whenever I close a dial-up
>connection, or the line fails. I get a blue screen of death: Fatal exception
>0e at 0028:c003473e in vxd vdmad(01) +0000038e. Whichever application I
>started the connection from (usually explorer) then crashes in kernel32.dll.
>Any further attempts to connect report that the modem is in use by another
>application, even after I terminate everything in sight.
>
>There is no VDMAD.VXD anywhere on my system but one file (wininit.---)
>seemed to show it was a part of VMM32.VXD. This file on my PC is dated
>98-09-10 10:35, size 709595 bytes. There's no "version" page in the
>properties unlike most vxds. I'm running Win95 4.00.950 B with IE5
>5.00.2014.0216.
>
>The only recent change I can think of is that I installed an infrared update
>to synchronise with my Palm.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html